6/04/2006

Wickedly Wonderful Summer

Officially, my summer ends now. After all the rehearsals, headaches, laughter and hard work, it all boils to a WICKEDLY WONDERFUL show that culminated yesterday in AFP theater.

I'm so proud of my MT-Teens G. They delivered very well, and the show soared HIGH. It was a bumpy ride for all of us, but im blessed that we survived and gave a wonderful show to remember. I had a lot of challenges to put up this production, most specially in proving that I can direct and do this material. I feel so blessed that I had 21 very talented teens who helped my fulfill this dream of directing this production, without them I wouldn't have done it. Looking back on yesterday's show, I received wonderful reviews, hugs, happy tears from co-teachers, and even a pat on the back from the board of Trumpets. Feels good....feels wonderful to be appreciated. God has been very awesome to me, always being there when I break down and cry because of stress and as I tweak the show in order for it to improve and even get better.

I'm going to miss my students, I do hope they wouldn't forget me. I may not be a Freddie Santos or Jaime del Mundo or Chari Arespachochaga, but at least I've proven myself in putting up this production and defied gravity. I fought the fight, and im glad that we all survived.


What's next for me? I dunno. But I'm glad i've survived and soared through this summer. It's all for the good. I'm content.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

teacher johann! awww, i had a WICKED time, too! what a journey. :) i'm so glad i joined MTG, kahit hindi na ako teen. may purpose talaga na late ako naka-enroll. you fulfilled my dream to be in wicked! the past two months have been one of the MOST memorable in my life.

i'm really thankful to you for teaching me a lot. i hope my lilay made you proud during the show, after ALL of your pointers to me during rehearsals.

it's so nice to read that entry, about all the compliments, too! my family and friends loved to show, too. super impressed with the show and our class!

i miss MTG na!!! i'm gonna miss rehearsals. see you at the cast party!

Johann said...

Thats wonderful to hear Tin. And yes, im glad to have a Wicked Fanatic fulfill her dream, coz i love the musical as well. I made Leelai a special role for you, because natuwa ako sa passion mo to push yourself even if first time mo sa theater. And yes all of you make me proud!



I'm glad your family enjoyed the show. It was a rough two months, pero it was all worth it. Thank you for spending the summer with me. =)



teacher Johann

Anonymous said...

Johann, I totally agree that you were blessed this summer with your students. God heard your desire and gave you the perfect cast to do the show.

I was totally amazed by the show that I told Mayen (who was beside me) that we MUST stand up at the end. So the three of us, Mayen, Steve and I gave a standing ovation as the cast took their bows.

Naloka rin ako na you had to perform and do production work, and part of me was was saddened by the fact that you couldn't watch the show. I know you'll be able to see it on video, but, as you know very well, it's going to be different.

And now, to be babaw, may I point out that I also supported your show by wearing a Wicked outfit (black pointed boots, black net stockings and black dress) that Audie said was a witchy outfit and totally in theme. ;)

Just let me know if there's any way I can help out in any of your future endeavors. God bless!

Anonymous said...

hi again, teacher! awww, how nice to hear!! kinilig ako, hahaha. and oops, leelai pala, hehe.

and about lorna's comment, wow, thanks for the SO for the class! i was really surprised and touched when i saw people standing up. usually i'm the one standing up in the audience. :)

CONGRATS, teacher johann!!! :D

Unknown said...

Congrats, man. great job. even ate sheila was saying how impressed she was in how you put together the show. may future ka. hehehe

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Ang GALING TALAGA NI JOHANN!!!Im so proud of you kapatid! Yes, our students are right! YOU ARE A GOOD TEACHER!
I can say that in all my assisting class ever in playshop, MTG 2k6 was the best! Because we had a very passionate teacher, that's johann!!! I was fueled by your energy and passion in teaching....sana lahat ng teachers maging katulad mo! Hindi madamot in sharing knowledge to your students, very inspiring and God-ly! Pasensya ka na if i weren't able to help you more in doing extra rehearsals,(alam mo naman, dami pang ibang trabaho). But im thankful for you in understanding, always. Tama ka, God had a purpose in putting us together in this class...Sa lahat ng naging head techers ko in trumpets, IKAW ANG PINAKA-EFFECT!!!!! PROMISE!!!! My memories with MTG will always be remembered...Like a Handprint in my Heart! Thanks johann...for everything! See you around!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'd have to agree with christine, we were the lucky ones. especially, true for me, being a first-timer playshopper, i was so blessed, lucky, and proud to have been part of the MT G. I really learned a lot this summer. thank you.

Anonymous said...

hey johann bilib na bilib ako sa 'yo. i love how you always give more than what is required of you and how you're very particular with details. we need more people like you in the world. it was really a privilege being able to help in your production. i enjoyed watching the show also. ang galing. tumaas balahibo ko.