5/16/2005

Footloose Auditions

arrgh...

Muscles aching....throat hurting....hair all frizzy.... but it was a good audition (well to me it was).

178 people auditioned for "Footloose" the musical, which will be staged in September of this year. It was fun, seeing familiar faces and celebrities alike, trying their luck to make a good impression to the panel. Of course, I "dressed" the part, coming in the audition room with plaid longsleeves, torn jeans and a curly hairdo. I sang "Faith" by George Michael, with CREW backing me up in acapella. Then they told me to study a dance routine in the tune of the musical's theme song. Pretty easy, well for me, compared to the routine we had in LION before which was HELL coz i couldn't stand up the next morning. I did well in the dance audition, so they let me stay for the 3rd round which was to sing a song from the play. "Mama Says" was the song, kinda sluggish but it was cute. I wanted to sing "Girl Gets Around", but i think that was a song for the villain, and i didn't look like a bad guy, even if im shaved and all, ahaaha.

God-willing, i'd get a part. I wanna do a musical again. I miss the long rehearsals, I miss Meralco theatre. Now the long wait..........

No comments: