12/11/2005

Hairspray!

Gosh, it's been awhile I didn't update my blog.

Well, been busy lately with a directorial gig (naks!). I recently directed "Hairspray" the musical for a corporate contest thing of Trend Micro Philippines. It was a 15 minute medley of songs from the play.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



We actually rehearsed one whole month for this? wow I didn't realize that it took so long. Tiring. But very rewarding.

Directing a presentation is no easy task I should say. We have 19 people in the cast, of course all of them corporate people, no experience in theater. Tough, but i was awed by their dedication to learn what I've been learning most of my life, which is to perform.

A whole month of rehearsals, planning, pulling people's legs to lend us costumes, hours and hours of making a set, polishing and getting the show to work.

Finally, last night was the BIG NIGHT. A lot of problems during the actual day, adjustment of the stage, the time slot that was given to us for rehearsals was not followed, we didn't have a holding room so we were doing hair and makeup in the hotel corridor.

But the show was a BLAST!

The 5 minute time of setting the stage went well. the CAST was AWESOME!!!! I was so proud of them that they delivered so well. Costumes were gleaming with color and radiance (the sequince gowns were eye-blinding!) The set worked well even if it was all made up of old carton boxes and crepe paper.

and yeah.... WE WON!!!!! hahahaha..... I was so thrilled!

I guess the winning part was the best reward for me as the director. Marunong pala ako mag direct?! HAHAHA =)

The prize was i think around P120,000. Wow, they deserve it for all the effort they gave. And now, i'm just here blogging, with a last song syndrome of "You Can't Stop the Beat" from the musical. hayyy... great! i just feel so great!

Congrats to IS dept. of Trend Micro! You make me proud!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(pic from arjay's blog)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you johann for giving us an experience to remember FOREVER!!! =)

Anonymous said...

thanks johann for giving us an experience we will remember FOREVER! =) God Bless! Go mama go go go!

Johann said...

thanks arjay. it was fun for me as well. =)